Tuesday, December 23, 2008
So here on the eve before the eve of Christmas I would like to wish all my bloggy and online friends a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope you all have a fantastic festive season whatever you are doing!
We have Christmas with the inlaws planned, and a bit of camping thrown in the mix too. No sure when I will online over the next few weeks, but will 'catch up' with you all in the New Year sometime.
Now with hot days coming don't forget that sun and 'slip-slop-slap' also get those cameras out for some great summer photos ready for a new year of scrapping!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
I just want to be on the next plane over there to see her! Hopefully we will have some photos through soon, but think that is probably the last thing on their minds at the moment.
I am sooo excited for them and luckily I have something I was saving for them in case it was a girl so that will be in the Christmas parcel that I send over tomorrow!
Must off as want to go and make a cute baby card now!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
* feeling 150% better than the weekend, the only good thing about being sick was the couple of kg that I lost but am sure with Christmas it will show up again soon - LOL!
* getting closer to a break from work, once this last job is out of the way
* having some time to scrap tonight - well will do when I get this post done
* receiving some cool goodies from SBO summer sale - 2 books and some magazines but these are part of my Christmas pressie so I have been good and not peeked ... yet!
* getting kids Christmas pressies and Emma's birthday pressies sorted.
* yummy Christmas mince pies for morning tea
* cool blog updates from Laura Vegas about her prize trip to CK HQ in Utah
* some very talented ladies in the scrapworld, and endless handmade gift ideas being printed off here for future reference
* Finn's class great performance at Assembly at school on friday
* Emma's trip to a local rest home today to sing caroles, they took along the goat that was visiting kindy for the day - LOL!
* and a big woohoo coz Finn gets his cast off in less than a week - it's beginning to smell a bit now!!
That's it for today, might get round to downloading some Santa pics tomorrow, but must go scrap now while I'm in the mood and have time :)
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
* a great work do on Saturday night - formal dinner in Otago Museum, with pre dinner drinks in the butterfly enclosure - very beautiful!
* setting up our Christmas tree, the kids loved being involved in this now that they are old enough to help
* having a 'tea party' today as an early celebration for Emma's 4th birthday in exactly a month
* Emma for being so brave as she is taking part in a sleep study for the University this week - involves being 'wired' up when she sleeps at night (in her own bed at home). After a few tears the first night she is all excited by it now!!
* Moro (our dog) finding her way home when she lost Marty on their morning run (she ran home over 3km's on her own), Marty quite anxious arrived home to get his bike to go searching for her - but there she was waiting in her kennel for him (with a duck that she had brought home as a pressie!)
* Prima goodness landing on my doorstep yesterday - yes my 3 different pails of white Primas - just gorgeous!
A very hectic weekend ahead but once that is over I will be able to relax and get excited about Christmas. Heck I might even manage to do some scrapping next week - LOL!
Will post some pics of the tea party tomorrow once I have downloaded them - got some good ones so will be a few layouts to complete with them :)
Thursday, November 27, 2008
But I did manage to get this layout submitted on Monday for the latest comp at ScrappinPatch my take on 'Nic Howard' style - I am really pleased with how it turned out. Got the papers and initial layout planned at a crop on Sunday and then did the sewing and added the journalling, title and other embellies when I got home.
Last week I whipped up a few of these .....
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
* working from home so no petrol or parking costs!
* having a great weekend catching up with friends at a bonfire and bbq
* managing to get some work done at home the past two days, and not being distracted by my scrap table .... just sitting there in the corner calling out to me ..... it's hard resisting that urge - LOL!
* getting back into a routine after a few weeks of chaos
* Finn's arm on the mend, xray on Monday and everything healing in the right place, but cast still on for another 4 weeks.
* getting caught up on Jessica Sprague's Stories in Hand course, and thanks to my whizzy printer all that printing of prompts and templates didn't take too long!
* a free weekend ahead to get some pre Christmas stuff done
A bit of sad news though, I just read that Kyah has passed away this morning - such a brave and strong 'almost three year old'. My thoughts are with her family at this time.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Woo Hoo for ....
* just getting new wireless modem hooked up at home! Now I can surf the net on my new laptop from anywhere in the house!!!!
* getting my new small home office area set up - next week will be straight into the new work.
* having some time with my parents down south earlier in the week
* doing a little bit of shopping with my Mum (at some cool gifty type shops in Winton - just out of Invers)
* sunny weather - supposed to hit 27 today!
* starting Jessica Sprague's Stories in Hand online class - think I might need some more paper though to print off all those prompts! And my new laser printer will be arriving hopefully later today so this will be it's first major test to print out all of these - LOL!
* and of course - yeah for it being Friday!
Hope the weather is kind to all of you this weekend - enjoy :)
Monday, November 10, 2008
Then this past weekend was another local school's turn and once again I found myself in the school hall picking up some more bargains ...... this small set of drawers for only $2 - plan is to sand this back, repaint and use drawers for my stamps as it is a perfect size! The lovely old cup and saucer sets were only $2 each set as well - plan to make some very cool pin cushions with these - got the idea from Janine who showed me one she had purchased at a local market.
And then this little gem .... you guessed it was only $2 as well. Plan is to alter it and add photos in the spaces like what I am doing with the print tray.So lots of little projects to keep me busy ... now just have to find some time to get stuck into them.
Am off south tonight for a day training tomorrow for my new contract job that I will be doing from home, back home Wednesday then hopefully life will return back to normal - well at least at normal as it gets round here!!!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
1 - unlike my son, I have never broken a bone (touch wood - lol!)
2 - I drive only automatic cars - I tried manuals when doing driver training but after bunny hopping alot I gave up!
3 - I hate cucumber, coz I can still taste it hours after I have eaten it!
4 - My fave movie is 'The Castle' - ah the serenity!
5 - I don't drink coffee but will eat coffee flavoured chocs, cake etc
6 - I met Charles Spencer (Diana's brother) at Althorp Estate when I visited in 2001
7 - Have sailed on the River Nile
There you go, you have learnt something new. So I tag everyone reading this who hasn't yet given this a go .....
Monday, November 3, 2008
As it turns out he does have a good fracture in his lower arm about 1/3 way up from his wrist. As it is a bit further up there is the need for the longer cast around past his elbow. He was a trooper and didn't complain once in at the Urgent Doctors even when they were moving his arm round to plaster it. Need to xray again in 2 weeks to check it's healing well but he will need to keep the cast on for a good 6 weeks - so all going well will be off the week before Christmas!
Couldn't keep him at home, so he headed back to school after lunch and was Mr Popular in his class all afternoon - LOL! Everyone wanted to sit beside him, or walk with him!!!
He is very happy in himself and hasn't complained once - that's my boy :)
Sunday, November 2, 2008
After a very windy Saturday with the odd spot of rain and a cancelled bonfire night, we ended up with a day like this today ... just GORGEOUS!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Woo Hoo for:
* a long relaxing weekend at home
* long sleep-ins - yeah for hubby getting up with kids in the morning :)
* getting some scrappy projects underway (my print tray)
* some great weather to get garden sorted
* long afternoon walks with kids and home via the icecream shop
* getting scrappy mojo back
* tidied up scrap room so no excuse to procrastinate now ;)
This is my layout for the Friday night challenge at Skecthbooknz - buttons and a bit of stamping. This layout has beena longtime coming as took the pic months ago and have had it planned in my head for just as long - just needed that nudge of a challenge to get it done.
And one final layout created at the weekend - yes that is our dear Angelgurl playing Gran Tarismo on the Playstation over SENZ weekend while I was staying! No those are not pj's but her specialised racing suit! LOL!!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Saturdays job was 'cleaning' up the old printer tray I bought recently. Sanded back the rough edges then set about removing the old paper from and back of the small sections. the dirty areas below is the paper yet to be removed. Took about 3-4 hours but it turned out really good after all that sanding and scrubbing. This pic is halfway through the cleaning process ...
A recent purchase will help me cut out the right size photos and bits for the tray. Got a great deal on this punch at a local store where I had a loyalty discount voucher to use - was a very happy customer!!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Labrador lush guzzles 4 litres of wine
By EMMA BAILEY - Timaru Herald Friday, 24 October 2008
Roxy now knows excess alcohol can make you as sick as a dog.
The two-year-old labrador was left with a monster of a hangover last week after it drunk its way through four litres of cask wine.
Roxy's owner Anne went out to the garage last Wednesday night to discover two empty casks and Roxy snoring in the corner. Anne is a sales merchandiser for Independent Liquor and the casks were for a customer.
Roxy being a labrador and thinking there was a possibility of food had torn open the casks and proceeded to drink the wine up. It seems Mystic Ridge medium white wine really agreed with her palate....initially.
"She was fast asleep and snoring. When I realised what she had done I rang the vet who said to try and wake her and walk it off.
"She could not walk, her eyes were open but she could not move, so he told us to bring her in."
Highfield Veterinary Centre vet Bryan Gregor had never dealt with a drunk dog before.
"By the time I saw her at the clinic, she was comatose. She was lying flat on her side, and if she was a human, you would swear she was singing. I guess she was also telling me she was really, really sorry, I was the best friend she has ever had, and she will never do it again."
She was treated with fluids and left to sleep it off.
"In the morning the clinic smelt like a student flat on Saturday morning. Roxy was still asleep, raising her head occasionally and moaning.
"I guess it is at this stage that we should have offered her a Mays pie and a couple of Panadol. We opted for dog food which she ate with vigour."
During the day Roxy slowly became more responsive.
"When she could finally walk or should I say stagger, the girls took her outside for a walk. Staggering across the car park, she stopped in front of a tree, looked left and right, and promptly walked into it. I am supposing that she was still seeing two trees, and picked the wrong one."
Anne said when Roxy was taken home that afternoon, she got stuck halfway into her kennel, with her hind legs not working properly.
"When she first saw me she tried to jump up but fell backwards.
"By this stage I was laughing but it had been quite scary at the start especially when the vet did not know if she would survive overnight.
"The next day we took her for walk and she was not herself at all, she was puffed and didn't stray far. I guess she was hung over."
Anne estimates it took two-year-old Roxy until Monday this week to get back the spring in her paws and she's probably off alcohol for life.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Woo Hoo for:
* weekend away in Timaru with DH and friends
* girls trip on Saturday through to Tekapo and soaking in the new hotpools overlooking the lake
* new giant bottles of ice cream sauce from Barkers fruit shop in Geraldine
* a long weekend ahead at home
* Finn having a teachers only day on friday and getting to spend some one on one time with him
* Emma coming home from Kindy today without paint on her clothes!
* getting a new pack of Primas and Prima notepad (like those pages used for Nic's card class at SENZ)
This week has been a bit funny, found out my contract at work will finish at the end of next week. This has a down and up side, down being I will miss the social side of catching up with everyone at work but on the up side I will have more time at home to ... scrap! Hey I might actually get something achieved for a change!!
Am looking forward to the long weekend, have been away from home for 5 of the last 6 weekends - whew no wonder I am feeling tired! So time to relax, have a long lie in and laze round in my pj's! To scrap the evenings away and get some ideas that are floating in my head down on paper - or create them with paper - LOL! So hope that mojo is ready ...
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
So my Woo Hoo's for this week are:
* having fun at SENZ
* staying with the lovely Janine and Mike
* catching up with the other forum girls and many others
* cool purchases - Mr Campy papers that I have been wanting for a while, lovely Imaginisce papers to decorate Emma's Castle Kaiser album among other things
* winning one of those new Fiskars finger knife at one of my classes
* lovely Wellington weather
* visiting the Kikki K store
* having a weekend filled with creativity and laughs - so much fun :)
And this leads me to a wee story from the weekend ... as you may have read on Janine's blog Mike bought himself a SENZ pressie as well - the Gran Tarismo playstation game and steering wheel. Well, growing up in a house with two brothers and father who loved motor racing, I had a go at the playstation game too - LOL! I then said to Janine - 'have a go' - 'no no' she said 'I don't drive'. To cut a long story short we got her driving!!!! On her first few laps Mike and I were trying to explain how to steer and stay on the track, we were already laughing our heads off as she went side to side from one fence then straight across the track to the other side - very funny! So came my comment 'You not supposed to be doing the zigzag, you're not sewing' - her response 'I can't use a sewing machine either, let alone drive!' - ok I suppose you had to be there but I was laughing so much I had tears rolling down my face!!! That was on the Saturday night, but low and behold when I got out of the shower the next morning here is Janine sitting in the lounge racing around the track again!! LOL! Think AngelGurl may have a new addiction!!
This is the Prima 'buffet' from Nic Howards card class... just gorgeous!
Here are my 6 creations, loved the easy techniques and think I will definitely give these a go again sometime soon.
A close up of my fav one ... love that bling!
And who would have thought to use a piece of cardborad from a box - a great effect!
This was from my cupcake card class with Up2scrap, made another two cards which are still 'under construction'
The rumour is shows in Auckland and Dunedin next year .... so does that mean I can spend more at the Dunedin one since I don't have any travel or accommodation costs? Or does that mean I can go to two of them??? LOL! Will wait and listen for the official announcement ... anyone know when that will be?
Monday, October 13, 2008
Arrived home from SENZ/Wellington at about 8.30pm last night, an early night ... a busy morning (Finn back to school and Emma started morning Kindy today) and now I have 5 minutes free to type this quick post before tackling my long list of housework for the week before heading back to work tomorrow.
Wellington was great, weather was fab, meeting forum members and others was fantastic, classes were cool. Did 3 classes - Lusi Austin - 10 joys of now, Rose McKenzie - Get Happy Cards and Nic Howards - Create card buffet. Did some shopping .... need I say more, and yes a pic will follow.
Thank you especially to Janine for having me to stay, was fantastic hanging out with you (and Mike), sorry for turning you into a petrolhead though - LOL!!!! So what is your lap time on Gran Tarismo (sp?) now? Hehe!
Well my 5 minutes is up, will post some more stuff later ...
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
So here goes my list for this week:
* only 2 more sleeps til SENZ! You know that had to be first on my list this week :)
* spending time with the kids over the holidays
* having 3 days down in Invers at Mum and Dad's
* catching up with friends in Invers
* catching up with scrappy buddies Meg and Mrs Frizz
and finally ...
* finding this printers tray at a second hand shop in Invers!
Anyone who has seen Ali Edwards book LIfe Artist will know she has created an amazing work of art with one of these printer trays. They are the trays that the old printers used to keep their type pieces in for the old style printing. I have been looking at them on trademe but they have all been up in the North Island and most have odd shaped spces, long rectangular. So couldn't believe my luck when I found this one. All the squares are approx 2x2 inches, and it is slightly roungh in some areas but am going to spend a bit of time restoring it before I start photos and bits and pieces to it. Am looking forward to starting on it after I get back from SENZ.
To those of you travelling to SENZ this weekend - safe travels and can't wait to meet you all (I have 'attempted' some swap pins so come and see me for one).
To those of you unable to make it I am sure there will be lots of pics next week showing what we got up to - well there is bound to be a camera or 10 around with a bunch of scrappers isn't there! LOL!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
* having the rest of the week off to play with the kids :)
* going down to see my parents in Invers with the kids for a couple of nights
* having a blast on Monday at the Hi5 concert - oh yeah think the kids had a good time too! LOL!
* Finn has started learning how to tie his own shoelaces!
* Emma's comment today 'Mummy, I think I like you, coz you're cute' - *heart melting*
* oh yes and only 9 sleeps til I wing my way to Wellers for a crazy old time at SENZ! Hands up who is getting excited!
OK so haven't really been keeping up to date with the Ali Edwards challenge, so maybe I might just wait for a normal week when I'm not running round like a headless chicken!! But at least I got some cool pics on Monday, no doubt will get a few more pics when am away with the kids over the next few days! On our mini road trip - LOL!
Oh yeah - I have been seeing some page protectors, not sure where to get them - think they are Avery trading card page type/mulitple little packets on the one page? Make sense to anyone? Does anyone know where you can get these?
Monday, September 29, 2008
So here is the first pic of the day - a very stormy looking sky over the Railway station this morning - didn't come to much this morning but we have had some heavy rain tonight.
Opps, pics a little out of order - but here is dressup pic from this arvo
An outing to the Hi5 circus show this morning - yeah I know I probably should not have been taking pics, but I needed something to scrapbook - right?!
And a little pic from the weekend - Alexandra's Bossom Festival. Thought it was going to be a washout as the weather turned pretty nasty on Saturday morning, but fined up enough for the parade to go ahead an hour later than planned. A very beautiful backdrop when the cloud cleared - snow down to very low levels on the surrounding hills - brrrrr! Have a few more pics of the floats, might add them later ;)
well, off now to get sorted for work tomorrow :( would prefer to be staying home with the kiddies, but not much work left for the year and then I can have the summer holidays off ;)
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
I picked Emma the other day and she had created this beautiful painting of a daffodil - pretty good work for a 3 1/2 yr old!!
I have made some cards with this pic on it to send to the grandparents :)
* 16 sleeps til SENZ - a bit like waiting for Christmas - LOL!
* two more days of term left then school holidays
* going to Alexandra for Blossom Festival this weekend
* on Sunday had our first bbq for the 'season' - well hubby cooked it so yeah for not having to cook - LOL!
* finding out Emma can start morning kindy at the beginning of next term
* my tulips starting to flower in the garden
Just a short post tonight, off to get tea ready for some hungry little people!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
So here is my little petal...
And both kids .... just thousands and thousands of flowers :)
Then we headed to the Farmers market at the Railway Station and ended up going for a ride on this ...
They were running trips out to Sawyers Bay and back, the kids loved it!
Have been a bit productive tonight completing two simple cards, one layout and another in the pipeline.
Oh yeah Janine I made a bad move today - I went into my local big scrap shop coz I wanted to see what they were doing at the 'scrapcamp' they were running this weekend- I know, I know, too much temptation - BUT I didn't buy anything! Whew ... only 20 more sleeps til I can spend up large at SENZ! LOL!
Have a great rest of the weekend - we have a bbq planned for tomorrow night so hope this nice weather holds.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
* having a girls weekend away
* spring and all the lovely blossom (ah-choo!) and daffs flowering everywhere (did I mention ah-choo! lol! damn hayfever!)
* gorgeous cuddles from my kids, makes any day a great one!
* warm temperatures - 25 degrees yesterday!!!
* getting out walking in the evenings
* only 23 more sleeps til SENZ
Monday, September 15, 2008
Love the old buildings in the bright white Oamaru stone ...
And no better way to enjoy part of a gorgeous day by spending time overlooking the Moeraki harbour eating fresh blue cod - am so excited that it is starting to really feel like spring/summer!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
* yesterday being my first blog-versary! LOL!
* today being Wednesday, yeah one more day of work
* my afternoon cuppa while catching up on everyones blogs
* only two more days til my 3 day girls weekend to the big metropolis of Oamaru!
* Finn writing his first story at school without help and not copying something written for him already - and you can actually read it and it is all spelt right. His teacher was most impressed :)
* completing week 3 challenge for Sketchbook Olympics - see layout below.
Off to makes Finn's fav meal for tea - yip Mac Cheese again!