Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Bucket List ...

Well I never really got round to doing this layout for the Book of Me challenge on SE. It wasn't that I didn't want to, but I am having a 'scrap block' and can't decide how to do the layout?!
So thought I would just add a blog about it, then I might get a wave of inspiration and scrap it later!

I have been really fortunate over the past few years that I have been able to 'tick' off a few things on my bucket list. So I suppose this has been a time for reflection for me, and also time to ponder what to add to my bucket list to achieve/challenge myself in the future.

A fair bit of my bucket list that I achieved was done when I was living overseas, so many opportunities to travel that it was rude not to! A few of these included:
- climbing the Effiel Tower
- attending Dawn Service at ANZAC Cove at Gallipoli
- seeing the Pyramids at Giza, and the Sphinx
- sailed down the Nile
- seeing the tulip fields in the middle of spring in Amsterdam
- experience a white Christmas
- Watch the Tour de France cycle race in person
also achieved:
- competed in and finished a duathlon
- visited Milford Sound
- visited Cape Reinga

Over the next couple of years I want to tick of these things ....
- complete the Central Otago Rail Trail by bike
- complete the Milford Track

Longer term I would like to ....
- take my kids to Disneyland
- have a holiday at a ski resort in Canada/USA
- to travel to Ayers Rock

So that's it for me, still a few more things I want to do, and the list will probably grow considerably now that I am thinking about it more. LOL! Hopefully the inspiration for the layout will also come to me now! LOL!

Anyone seen the 'Bucket List' movie yet? Is it worth watching?

later :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great list and loved reading what you have done already. I haven't seen the movie but think it can wait till it comes out on dvd.

Anonymous said...

That is a great list, and I think it's awesome that you've done so many wonderful things already.

I haven't seen the movie yet but Rob saw it last week with a mate and said it was really good.

Vicki said...

You lucky thing you - being able to do all that exciting stuff and see all the fabulous things that I can only dream about. Good luck with the rest of your list - the rail trail is supposed to be really good.