Monday, March 9, 2009

A busy weekend ...

... it all started on Friday, do you ever feel like you have blinked and years have suddenly flown by? Well that is how I felt on friday - how can my wee boy be 6 years old already? Seems like only last week we had a pirate party for when he turned 5.
Finn has grown/learnt/developed so much in the past year - for a late talker he has certainly made up for lost time! LOL!
Happy Birthday my wee man!
And this is the present he wanted Emma to get him - a Ben 10 watch!
Sunday was Taieri Wings and Wheels at the local airfield, here are some shots I got from my friends house which is just across the stream/stopbanks from the airfield ... these are the Red Checkers during their formation flying display ...

... really like how this one turned out... thought initally I had ruined the shot coz I zoomed in too far, but it turned out quite well in the end ;)

Now ... hold onto your seats ... I have had a dabble in the the world of digi scrapping! It is only a very basic layout but thanks to the tutorial videos on Two Peas I am finally understanding how this digi thing works! Now off to find some freebie kits to try out my new found digi skills - LOL!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Finn. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend. Digital scrapping ewwww and ahhhhh very nice.

Anonymous said...

cool digi l/o... might have to pop over there (2peas) and have a look as also wondering...
happy birthday to finn too

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday to Finn! Sounds like you had a really great weekend :-)

Trace said...

That Ben10, he's pretty popular at the moment allright. Happy belated birthday Finn! I'am just starting to dabble in the world of digi - not so much whole layouts but I want to be able to play more with my photos, so would be interested to hear of any websites etc that you find that you'd recommend.

Mrs Frizz said...

You know what ... it doesn't seem like that long ago and we talking/reading about a pirate and loot ... a whole year gone already ... scary!!!

Happy birthday wee man.

Anonymous said...

OMG what a busy but fun looking weekend....Happy Birthday Finn...Now you mentioned that he was a late talker, would you mind if I talked to you more about that in relation to my son?