Wednesday, June 24, 2009

One month to go ...

... a month today and I will be finally giving my wee niece the biggest cuddles ever - she is now 6 months old and I cannot wait to finally meet her. This is my niece who was born 10 weeks early just before Christmas - she is so cute and I can't wait to meet her in person!
And yes she lives in Melbourne which also means I get to spend some time also crusing the streets of this cool city exploring.
I have been doing my homework and have discovered a Huge Craft & Quilt Fair is on the weekend I arrive - ok so I might have known this before I booked ;)
Also have a list of a couple of other things of interest like a really cool looking cupcake shop and the KaiserCraft factory outlet down in Geelong.
Can you tell I am excited?!?!

In other news, I am so proud of my boy! Finn has grown in confidence over this rippa rugby season and finally scored his first try on Saturday!!! I was standing only a couple of metres away from the corner and saw the look of delight on his face when he scored and the congratulations he got from his teammates - he was soooo excited and happy and looked like he just wanted to burst. In recognition of his effort the parents decided he should be Player of the Day! But being the typical male the story of his try only took 5 minutes to 'grow' - in his words "I just spotted a gap and ran as quick as a cheetah" - LOL! The trophy has had pride of place on his bookcase all week and even went to school for newstime on Monday.

Nothing crafty to show today, have been trying to sort out my messy scrap area, almost done so will get creating again soon!

4 comments:

Trace said...

Way to go Finn - doesn't your heart just melt when something like that happens - and LOL on his wee embellishment of the story - gonna make a good fisherman someday eh! So have you booked a cargo ship to bring back all your purchases then Mich???

Janine said...

Wow six months already, time flies. Ahhhh Melbourne I am envious and it sounds like you have a lot of cool stuff planned. Whooo hooo Finn, you fast little cheetah, thats awesome. How cool you have a trophy to remind you of your speed.

mandyb said...

cool.... I want to go to the outlet store in Geelong too,,,,, a fair drive but worth it,,,, enjoy your catch up....

Mrs Frizz said...

Woo hoo - go Finn !!!! How cool is that ??? Mum sounds as though she was just as proud as you!!!

Shopping - Kaiser outlet - ummmmmmmmmmm ... awesome!!! Have fun buddy!!!