Thursday, November 19, 2009

Going to the Farm

As promised here is some pics of my latest creation ... a mini book for Emma about a recent trip to the 'farm'. This farm is actually the camp that is just out of Mosgiel where Scrap Camp was held earlier this year. John, the manager of the camp, is also one of the kindy teachers. We headed there on a bus and got to see the animals he has there - 3 lambs, 4 hens, 3 cows, 2 goats, 3 cows, 2 pigs and 1 dog. This was great especially for the kids that have never seen some of these animals up close before.
The minibook was created with the new papers from October Afternoon 'Farm Fresh' which suited the farm photos perfectly!
The photos of pigs and goats - I put it together for Emma like a storybook - so she can read the journalling herself ...
And the back ...
Speaking of October Afternoon, I have seen the new papers and with an upcoming 5 year old in our house they will be perfect for the 'off to school' pages for her album!
Now off to make invites to a certain early birthday party - theme 'butterflies/princess/fairies' - will post a peek at these once I have finished.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Perfect papers for your mini book - bet she just loves it.

Trace said...

Neat book Mich - and awesome that you have a male kindy teacher.

Mrs Frizz said...

ah ha ... I've been there ... ROFLMAO ...

Fabbo wee book and love the idea of you journalling so that Emma can read it too.

Awesome idea.

Anonymous said...

I just love that album it is gorgious...I have those papers on laybuy at Scrappin patch at the moment...I am going to use them for an album for David's 3rd birthday as we had a farm yard party with a travelling farm.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous mini book indeed. Oh and I love your fair bargain.