Monday, June 6, 2011

Snapshot Sunday ...

... on Queens Birthday Monday ... well it feels like a Sunday today doesn't it?! ;)

Progress on the scrap front ... a huge tidy up of my scrap area/gear ... with going to camps and crops I have lots of bits and pieces all over the place. So as of yesterday everything is sorted into one spot, so I can now find it all ... well that is the idea - LOL! Emma is delighted that her craft trolley has lots of new bits and pieces in the drawers ... I think I have a future wee scrapper on my hands ... best I keep an eye on the my gear! ;)

More sick/cough bugs are back ... Finn is now on week 6 of his cough/cold ... appears to be getting better that he gets worse again. Will be back to the doctor again this week I think to see if there is anything different we can try ... and then hopefully he (and us) can have some uninterrupted nights sleep!

Also had one sad dog over the weekend - Moro was attacked by another dog while out for a run down the banks of the stream with Marty on Saturday. Now Moro is quite a big labrador - but this other one (a bull mastiff cross dog) has manged to bite her on the shoulder leaving a nasty hole when a k9 tooth has pierced the skin, then it grabbed her round the throat and was dragging her towards the water. Hubby with all his 6 feet tall, large frame couldn't get this dog to let go, even with help of a large stick! Sitting on the offending dog and semi strangling it resulted in it finally letting go of Moro. The owner had no control of the dog, and will be getting a call from Dog Control during this next week. Our baby had a trip to the vet, and is on antibiotics and other meds for the next few days but she will be fine, thank goodness ...

So finally the Snapshots for this Sunday (Monday) ...

... first official week of winter and I think Mother Nature is getting a tad confused with many a blossom blooming on the trees down our street ...


... and the next morning and the rear view of my car after a ripper frost, turning my black car white ... temp still -1degrees at 8.30am when the kids and I left for school/work ... bbbbrrrr ...


Hope you all had a fab long weekend!

M :)



5 comments:

Janine said...

I forgot it was Monday, felt like a Sunday because Mike was home lol. I felt sick reading your update on F/B about Moro. I hope this results in action from the Dog Control unit. Poor Moro :-( and what a horrible thing for Marty to have to deal with.

Poor Finn, I hope the gp can help him poor mite. Sounds like a productive day for you in the scrap room.

Anonymous said...

Now thats scary about Moro - makes me cross that people who have these sorts of dogs and can't control them. Hope he gets better quick. As for Finn, these bugs sure are hanging around this winter - we have that in our house too. Good luck for a trip to the Doctors.

mandyb said...

oh my re that blossom....we have bulbs that have sprung AND flowered!!! madness!!!

as for your dog...wow 2 attacks!!! so NOT fair!! poor wee thing!!! might need to get him a taser so he can ZAP these dogs to get them off him!!! hope he is ok!!!

and hope finn feels better soon...im up to week 3...and the cough is what is annoying me!!!

Mrs Frizz said...

uugggggggghhhhhhhhhh ... I feel sick ... poor Moro. Truthfully, I sincerely hope that other mutt is dealth with and promptly!!!! Marty would have felt more than sick as well ...

How's the wee man now ... feeling better hopefully!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
I just had one of your Blog followers in to my shop saying that she saw you wearing one of my skirts. I just wanted to say thanks for posting the pic, you look great.
thanks again
Anthea Lawrence