Sunday, December 4, 2011

Snapshot Sunday ...

... whew, well only 3 more Sundays of 2011, can't believe I managed to keep up this weekly blog post all year! And of course with the last Sunday of the year being the 25th I think I might give myself the day off - haha!
It has been a fun year, a busy year, a year that has passed all too quickly ... and even though I haven't had as many opportunities to scrap as I would have liked, at least I can look back at 52 Sundays worth of posts and scrap these moments when I do have the time.

So Snapshots for this Sunday ... are of my not so little girl. She was a 3rd Jan baby, and because we will be away on holiday then, as are her friends it makes it hard to organise a party around then. So for the past 4 years she has had a party a month early (around the 3rd Dec). This year she had one friend over (her bestie) ... I took them to the bead shop to make a necklace each, to McD's for a Sundae and then a walk along the beach. So here are some pics of my almost 7 year old ...


... finding 'treasure' ...


We will have a special day for her with family when we are away on her actual birthday. Also a couple of traditions then too - the day starts with ice cream for breakfast and lots of swimming in the pool!


So with the silly season almost upon us I thought I'd share some present wrapping tips with you. With lots of patterned paper, twine and dies lying around the place I thought I would put them to good use ...

... these presents above flew across the ditch yesterday and are now under the Christmas tree at my brothers house. Well actually with my almost 3 year old niece about they are probably hidden in a cupboard - hehehe!

Here is a different idea, I used for a baby pressie, but I am going to tweek it slightly for the festive season. I am now stocked up on those doilies so I am all set to wrap presents ... just have to go buy them now - opps!


Well must off, my eyes are half closed.

See you all next week :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have enjoyed seeing your photos for your Snapshot Sundays. Your young lady sure is growing up fast. Love that packaging - theres something nice about brown paper and doilies that you can add a bit of colour to, to suit your theme. LOL

Janine said...

Well Miss E is growing up fast and what a nice pre brthday celebration she had. I love that she gets to celebrate twice....

I love the combo of kraft paper and doileys together, I have wrapped a few of my pressies the same way too. I have also used a few boxes and ribbon and doileys too lol

mandyb said...

wow cool birthday treat!!!
and LOVE those tags and that wrapping!!!!

Hannah said...

Sounds like a really nice birthday celebration. They sure do grow up fast!

The present wrapping is gorgeous ... I have seen similar in a few mags lately, and am thinking of doing my Christmas pressies with Kraft paper and simple ribbons/lace/doilies. Love the look.

{Colleen} said...

Looks like you had fun. Love your wrapping idea. I have on my list of must dos for next year to make some holiday tags.

Mrs Frizz said...

very 'noice' ... and Miss Emma is a gorgeous young lady.