Friday, July 26, 2013

Project Life style 2013 ...

In 2009 I completed a Project Life style album ... back then I think was called Project 365 ... this was a photo a day. I liked it, and kept focussed and completed the whole year, and it's now an album I love to look back on.
I had intentions of doing this type of album again in 2010 but things changed, our youngest started school, I was working more, then a change of jobs ... and I never got that album started properly.
 
Fast forward a couple of years, a rebranding of Project 365 as Project Life, alot of other scrap manufacturers bringing out PL style products which I loved and started collecting ... and I decided to give it a go again.
 
I am loving my album this year, however had made a few changes in the way I approach it from what I did previously. I include more than one photo for certain days, a double spread typical covers a whole week ... but there are exceptions to this when a special event can cover up to 4 pages.
 
I have taken a few pics to show you how I am putting this together ...
 

... with the page above I created the banner with scraps of patterned paper and stitched them to grid card


... a strip of patterned paper aded to the bottom of a grid card adds an extra bit of detail


... another banner created with scraps of patterned paper, and a die cut star


... I start each new month with the Simple Stories month cards and a calendar card which I add significant dates/events/happenings onto.

And just for the record I am almost up to date for this year ... I have the past 3 weeks worth of photos to print and include in my album ... this weekend's task I think ;)

No comments: